DPD is one of the giants of the parcel delivery industry. Some may not know this, but DPD has been around since the 1970’s and as such have built themselves an enormous company with a truly global reach.
Companies and individuals alike rely on DPD for their services, and they’re bigger than some smaller options like moving service Shift.
So, it’s understandable that it’s more than a little frustrating if their app stops working. You’re tracking that delivery you’ve been expecting and then suddenly you’re unable too. We get it…
Let’s see what we can do to get this app working again!
DPD app not working? The solution
As with other apps the DPD app can sometimes stop working, there’s all manner of different causes for this but we’ll go over the common causes here so that you can get your app working.
The most likely issue you’re going to have with the app is connectivity. Either your device is having issues, your overall internet is having issues (such as your wifi being down) or DPD is having connection issue with their servers.
This last option is very unlikely bit it is a good thing to check first, just to make sure that there is actually something we can do to get back connected. If they are having issues, then it’s just a case of waiting for them to update they’re back online.
Thankfully DPD are quite active on twitter and will post here if they are having any service issues so we can rule that out with a quick look at their page. I’ll include a link below.
DPD’s twitter is here: https://twitter.com/DPDgroup_news
If it’s not on DPD’s end, then it’s time to look at what we can do to get the app workings. Let’s have a look…
As mentioned, the main thing that will cause issues with the DPD app is your internet connection. This will be shown by a connecting icon either on the app’s loading screen or an error message will appear.
Here are the main things to double check when on your mobile and have connection issues:
- Airplane mode. As you can probably guess, having airplane mode on stops all signal and network connection so it’s one of the first things to check, usually indicated by an airplane icon in the top right corner of your device.
- Wifi. Just in case you are on wifi there are two things to check here. The wifi on your device and your router. Firstly, make sure your wifi is turned on. If it is, then give it a quick off and on then try connecting again. Secondly, the router itself, check for any obvious warning lights. Just for good measure do a reset, another off and on. Nice and easy.
Sometimes these apps have stored data that can corrupt files and cause issues with loading. Nothing to worry about here though, this happens when files break, and a simple clearing of the cache removes the problem files.
Keep in mind when doing this that it will remove all saved data. Files, usernames, and accounts. A lot of this is held server side by DPD however so the only hassle is a quick sign in and you’re back up and running.
Thankfully this can be done on both Android and IOS devices.
For iPhone/IOS devices it’s not very intuitive how to do this… Unfortunately, the only way to do this is to delete the app and reinstall it… This is a little annoying, but it will also clear up any potential corrupt files.
For Android this can be done from the app settings.
- Navigate to settings.
- Select apps.
- Select the DPD app.
- Select storage.
- Hit the clear cache option down in the bottom right.
Clearing your cache should resolve any DPD app installation issues, whether that’s for updates or something else. It can also help to get the DPD app notification sounds working again too.
Check for updates
Apps have a variety of issues all the time and one of the most common causes for these more obscure issues are updates.
If the developers push an update server side, it can cause the app to stop working properly until the update has been done by users. This is rarely something as significant as the entire app not working but is very possible.
Here’s what to do.
- Open the app store.
- Navigate to your profile, this is an icon in the top right.
- Scroll down to your list of apps and find the DPD app, if it’s in the “to be updated” section then hit that update button!
- Navigate to the play store home screen.
- Select “My apps & games.”
- Here you can select the DPD app specifically if it needs an update or just hit the update all button. I tend to check if it needs updating to see if that could have been the problem but still make sure to do update all.
In conclusion the DPD is almost never down, if it you think it might be a problem on their side, check their Twitter page and see if they’ve announced any outages.
If not, follow the steps we’ve outlined here, and you should have your app working once again in no time!