Windows 10 Mail app is an email system that was created by Microsoft as the primary way of sending and receiving emails. Windows Mail app has been included in the Windows operating system since the development of Windows Vista. One of the biggest problems users report about the mail app is that it just won’t open, the mail app basically fails to launch. This is a little different than when your Windows 10 Photo app won’t open, which has a different resolution.
But for the mail app, we’ve found a great remedy for this and we have looked at some of the easiest and quickest fixes that you can try to get your mail app to open so you can get back to checking your emails.
Windows 10 Mail app won’t open
How do my privacy settings deny access to Windows 10 mail opening?
One of the most simple ways to fix the issue with the Windows 10 mail app failing to boot is to do with privacy settings. Windows 10 is one of the biggest and most used operating systems in the world, it collects data from you constantly, but due to data and privacy laws, there are a plethora of privacy settings to go along with the operating system that helps to protect the user.
You can basically deny access to every feature of the operating system with these settings. As such, it is important for you to check that your privacy settings are allowing access to your mail app because without permissions being granted to your calendar specifically the app will not open. To do this follow the steps laid out here for you:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Open ‘Settings App.’
- Scroll to the section that says ‘Privacy.’
- On the left-hand side you will see the ‘Calendar’ option.
- Select the ‘Calendar.’
- Check the section that says ‘Let apps access my calendars.’
- Under ‘Choose apps that can access calendar’ select Mail.
- Ensure there is a check next to this option.
- Try your Windows 10 mail app again to see if this has resolved the issue.
How do I update my mail app?
When your mail app won’t load your next fix is pretty simple, update. A lot of users put off updates because you don’t want to wait for them to install while you need your computer, which is usually the time you find out you need to update. But many users of the Windows 10 mail app have fixed the issue of it not loading by updating to the latest software available. Follow the steps below to check for and install updates:
- Press the ‘Windows’ key on your keyboard.
- Type in the search bar ‘Microsoft Store App.’
- Search for ‘Mail and Calendar.’
- Select ‘Update’ where available.
- When the update has finished reboot the mail app and see if your issue is now resolved.
The same goes for updating to the latest system update, so if you have updated the app itself, and you have an available update for the system go ahead and install that new update.
- Press the ‘Windows’ key plus ‘I’ on your keyboard.
- This will open the ‘Settings’ app.
- Go to ‘Update and Security.’
- Click the button that says ‘Check for Updates.’
- Click any updates available.
- Restart your computer.
- Try to boot the Windows 10 mail app again to see if this has fixed your issue.
How do I change my Localisation settings?
Facing the issue of the Mail app not booting, many users have established that after changing their localisation settings the issue was no longer happening.
- Press your ‘Windows key’ plus ‘S.’
- This will open your ‘Control Panel.’
- Go to ‘Region.’
- Go to the ‘Location’ tab.
- Set your ‘Home location’ to your country, for example, ‘United Kingdom.’
- Go to the ‘Administrative’ tab.
- Select ‘Change system locale.’
- Choose your country.
- Click ‘OK’ to submit your changes.
- Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ in the ‘Region’ window when prompted.
- Restart your computer.
- Boot the Mail app to see if this has fixed the issue.
How do I turn off my Sync settings?
If the Mail app continues to have problems loading, you might be able to fix the issue by turning off your sync settings.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app.
- Go to ‘Accounts.’
- On the left-hand side click on ‘Sync your settings.’
- Go to ‘Sync settings.’
- Turn off the sync settings.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Reboot your Mail app to see if this has fixed the issue.
If your Windows 10 Mail app won’t load then we have supplied you with some of the simplest fixes that users of the operating system have found that actually works. So hopefully now, you are back on your way to checking your emails because the app is now working. We don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing that people can now contact you, but you’re welcome.