Twitch is a streaming platform that allows gamers to stream their gaming online for an audience. It includes broadcasting, E-Sports competitions and different types of creative content for people worldwide to get involved in as the broadcaster or as a watcher.
Per month, Twitch has 15 million users and 3 million broadcasters which continues to grow exponentially. So what happens when your Twitch mobile app is not booting? There are some quick fixes available to rectify any problems that you may find when using the app.
Twitch mobile app not working? Try this to fix
The first thing that you can try when your Twitch app is not booting or responding is to restart your phone or device. The issue that you are having with the app may be from a glitch in communication between your device or phone and the app itself. This glitch can be fixed by restarting your phone or device.
On an Android device, power off your phone or device using the button on the side and then wait for about a minute before turning it back on. On iOS power down your device, again, wait for about a minute before turning it back on and then reboot the Twitch mobile app to see if this rectifies the issue.
Update Twitch app – How to
Twitch releases software updates regularly that help to enhance the performance of the app and to fix any bugs that the programme may have had.
If you have not updated the Twitch app this is the next step that you should take, as failing to update your app can cause issues between the compatibility of your device and the app.
To update the Twitch app, you can follow these steps;
- Click into the Google Play Store.
- Here, you can select your account in the top right of your display.
- Click Manage apps and Devices.
- Below the Updates Available section, you can see the apps that need updating.
- Here, find Twitch from the list of app, and click Update.
After doing this, you’ll want to play around with the app a little to check that it’s working – you can do this by subscribing on the Twitch app, and contributing to others streams with comments.
How do I change the time settings on my device?
The time and date settings on your phone or device, can, believe it or not, affect the functionality of an app.
Time and date settings affect apps because your device cannot calibrate correctly as apps often interact with the date and time of your phone to perform certain actions.
So if you think that your settings may be incorrect and you are having trouble with your Twitch app, you need to set them to the correct information.
You can alter your settings to automatic date and time to prevent this issue. To update them on Android you can:
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your device.
- Go to ‘General.’
- Select ‘Date and Time.’
- Make sure that the option ‘Set Automatically’ is switched on.
- If this was originally set to ‘Off’ you can check your Time Zone is correct before turning manually setting your Time and Date correctly.
- Restart the Twitch app to check if this has rectified the issue.
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘General.’
- Select ‘Date and Time.’
- Set the option ‘Automatic to ‘On.’
- Restart Twitch to check if this has rectified the issue.
How do I reset the quality of my Twitch app?
Although the Twitch app is generally very good when it comes to a lack of bugs, there is a user recognised issue that the app has.
When you use the Twitch app, the setting of stream quality is at a default of ‘Automatic’ and as a result, Twitch can suffer issues where it freezes, stutters or doesn’t work correctly.
When you’re having issues with your Twitch stream’s quality, there’s a couple of things you can do. To rectify this issue there is a simple fix, you merely change the stream quality of the Twitch app manually rather than leave the quality settings on ‘Auto’.
On Android or iOS, you do this by;
- Booting Twitch on your device or phone.
- Clicking on ‘Settings.’
- Selecting ‘Video Quality.’
- Changing the quality settings from ‘Auto’ to one of the options available for example, 1080p so it is no longer set to the default setting.
- Restart the app and this should rectify the issue.
The Twitch app is generally a great app to use, as long as you keep up with updates and check the display settings. There are very few issues that stand out as a user, and it is generally pretty reliable whether you’re using an Android phone or you’re on the iOS version.
Hopefully, this article will help you to fix any issues that crop up and allow you to get back to streaming your favourite broadcasters with no interruption.