The Sole Supplier app is essentially a compare the market type service aimed specifically at trainer lovers. The app finds every trainer on the internet that is for sale at recognised stores and compares the price for its users, enabling them to find the cheapest deal available. It’s perfect if you’re looking for new releases and want to keep up to date on the latest sneaker news.
Though the truth is, the app can occasionally have issues. If so, you’ve come to the right place because below, we’re going to look at a variety of different ways in which you can get the app working again and look at the reasons why the app sometimes stops working.
Sole Supplier app not working – The main cause
The main reason why the Sole Supplier app stops working is to do with updates, or a lack of. The company has faced issues before with old and tired versions of the app and put a lot of money into the relaunch of the app a few years back. As a result, they have teams on hand who are constantly looking at how to improve and de-bug the existing version of the app and this means updates.
To check to see if the Sole Supplier app needs updating on an iOS device then head to the app store and select your account icon on the top right of the screen. This will bring up a page which instantly tells you if any of your apps need updating. If you have no pending updates then it will just tell you which apps have been most recently updated. If you noticed Sole Supplier on the list of apps which have pending updates then select ‘update’ next to its icon.
Another update-related issue revolves around your device. If you are running your phone on an old operating system then it might not be able to hack the quality and detail on some updated apps. To check if your phone needs updating on an iOS device, head to settings, then ‘general’ and then select ‘software update’. If you have any pending system updates then they will appear here.
Set your phone to automatically update
There is a way to remove all doubt when it comes to updates and that is by setting your phone to automatically update apps and automatically update your phone as and when required. To set your iOS device to automatically update your apps please follow these steps:
- Head to the settings app and select ‘app store’ from the list of options.
- Toggle the button next to ‘App Updates’ underneath the ‘Automatic Downloads’ subheading.
- Head to the iPhone storage page via settings and ‘general’.
- Clear space to enable these automatic updates to go through seamlessly.
To set your iOS device to automatically update your operating system then please follow these steps:
- Head to the settings app and select ‘general’ from the list of options.
- Select ‘Software Update’.
- Select ‘on’ next to Automatic Updates’.
- Now follow steps 3 and 4 from the previous instructions if you haven’t done them already.
Remove the bugs
Another common issue that the Sole Supplier app faces is bugs. These bugs can cause the app to crash or not load at all. When this occurs you need to essentially cause a hard reset of the app and there are a number of ways in which you can do this:
- Force close the app down. To do this swipe up from the bottom of your home screen to bring up a catalogue of all your open apps. Locate the Sole Supplier app and then swipe up on it to force close it down. Hopefully when you reload it, the app will be working as normal.
- Delete the app and reinstall. To do this you need to hold down on the Sole Supplier icon on your phone’s home screen and then select ‘remove app’. Head to the app store and reinstall it.
- Restart your device. This may seem like the oldest trick in the book but it still works because it will also remove any bugs on your phone that are caused from other active apps. To turn your iOS device off hold down the button on the upper right hand side of your phone in unison with one of the volume buttons. After selecting ‘side to power off’ wait 30 seconds and press those same two buttons again to fire your phone up again.
This is a pretty common problem that many people come across with the Sole Supplier app. In most cases, following the above – resetting your phone and ensuring that it’s fully updated – should be more than enough to resolve the problem, and you can get back to finding a new pair of trainers.
To conclude, the main reasons why the Sole Supplier app sometimes doesn’t work are to do with updates and bugs, that are common with this style of app (apps like eBay and Gumtree stop working every now and then too). In general it’s a solid app though, and has become increasingly popular over the year due to the vast amount of stores that currently sell trainers both on the high street and online.
If you update your app and phone and take our suggested measures above to de-bug the app and phone and find that the app still isn’t working then check your internet connection. If it’s still playing up then it might be worth getting in touch with Sole Supplier directly to see if they can fix it for you.