On your iOS and Android devices lock screen, you will note that there is a clock showing bother the time and the date when your device is on. If you unlock your device you can still see this clock in the corner of the screen as you use your device or phone. In the settings of your phone, it is possible to change the time and date or choose to update these automatically depending on the time zone in which you reside.
Your devices come with features that are preinstalled with no obvious way to get rid of them when you look through your settings. The clock on your lock screen is one of these pre-installed features. So if you don’t like the clock that is displayed on your lock screen can you get rid of it? In this article we will assess ways in which you can remove the clock from your lock screen should you want to on your iOS device.
Can you remove the clock from your lock screen – iPhone?
There is a way for you to remove the clock from your iOS device lock screen however, the bad news is it required you to jailbreak your phone to do so, which means that it’s a little more difficult than something simple, like cancelling an in app purchase. There are ways to make sure the clock isn’t visible without jailbreaking your iOS device or phone but this does not remove the clock from your device like it would if you chose to jailbreak.
How do I remove the clock from my lock screen without jailbreaking – iPhone?
One thing you can do on iPhone to make the clock invisible is to change your screen display. You can make the time and clock data white for example, so if you have a white background then you won’t be able to see the font anymore. It doesn’t erase the clock and date completely but it is a good trick if you don’t want to go through the hassle of jailbreaking your device to get rid of it.
If you only want to remove the clock and date because it is blocking your chosen image for the background you can leave the clock above the background image so it is no longer blocking it from view. To change your wallpaper settings on iOS follow these simple steps:
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘Wallpaper.’
- Go to ‘Choose a new wallpaper.’
- Confirm by selecting ‘Set’ once you have to pick your preferred background.
How do I remove the clock by jailbreaking my iPhone?
To remove the clock from the lock screen by jailbreaking your iPhone or device then we have the solution for you here. Jailbreaking means you are free of any limitations on your device imposed by Apple, jailbreaking is not illegal.
Firstly you should back up your phone or device so you can restore to these former settings if you should need to. To back up your phone to the cloud follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Choose the device name.
- Go to ‘iCloud.’
- Go to ‘iCloud Backup.’
- Choose ‘Back up now.’
To jailbreak your phone follow this guide:
- Pangu8’s Jailbreak site has lots of jailbreaking methods for the newest iOS versions and above. The Ziyu jailbreak repo is Pangu 8’S suggested extractor to jailbreak your iPhone.
- Go to Zjailbreak on your iOS device and download the package.
- Go to the Pangu page and download and install Ziyu.
- Open the Ziyu app and choose Copy on one of the Jailbreak Repos from the List. Cydia and Tweakbox are the most popular jailbreak repos.
- Go back to the Ziyu app and choose Extract repo.
- Paste the copied link from the repo.
- Click on Extract to jailbreak the iPhone. After jailbreaking, follow the steps below to remove the clock from your lock screen.
Remove the clock from your lock screen?
- Unlock your iPhone and open Safari.
- Type “cydiahacks.com/hide.html” and search.
- Look down the list of “Hide” programs available.
- Find the “Hide Clock” app.
- Choose “Install” on the pop-up that appears. PLEASE NOTE: Don’t worry if you receive a new pop-up that says, “Unable to Download Application.” Just choose “Done” on this message.
- Return to your Home Screen.
- Your Clock icon is replaced with a new one called “Clock Hide.”
- Touch and hold this icon until it wiggles, and tap the “X” to remove it completely.
- You have now successfully removed the clock on your device.
In conclusion, without jailbreaking your phone it is hard to actually get rid of the clock on your lock screen. This article has laid down the best methods you can use to get rid of the clock on the lock screen of your phone with both jailbreaking your phone and just trying to make the clock invisible if you do not wish to perform a jailbreak.