We all have thousands of photos on our phones right? Sometimes when you go through your photos to free up some space you may accidentally delete something you actually wanted to keep.
You can have issues with an Android, like being unable to download things on your phone. As well as this, sometimes photos may disappear from your gallery and there is no obvious reason why this has happened.
In this article, we will look at some quick methods you can try to restore your deleted photos.
How can I recover deleted photos from the gallery with Google Photos?
If you have Google Photos installed on your phone or device and have back up and sync enabled, you will be able to recover and locate your deleted photographs from Google Photos.
If you have a look in the recycle bin to see if the photos are still there you can recover them using the following simple process:
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android phone or device.
- Go to ‘Menu’ and then go to the trash/recycle bin.
- Everything inside the trash is recoverable as they remain there for 60 days.
- Touch and hold any photo you wish to restore.
- Choose ‘Restore’ to recover the deleted photograph from the gallery on Android
- If you have completely deleted photos from the trash you can locate these from the recently deleted album within the photos app.
This is the easiest way to recover deleted photos from Android devices, but it does require that you have backup set up beforehand. If you don’t, you can still recover deleted files but the process is a little more complex.
How can I recover deleted photos from the gallery without a backup?
If photos are deleted from your Android Gallery the photos will be saved in your Android internal memory before they get overwritten with new data.
To locate and recover these photos you may need to use a third-party app to retrieve them again. In this case, we would suggest trying Droidkit as it is a powerful recovery tool for Android.
To recover your photographs using DroidKit follow the process laid out here:
- Install the app DroidKit on your laptop.
- Launch DroidKit, and then connect your laptop to Android phone with a USB.
- Select ‘Quick recovery from Device.’
- Choose ‘Data.’
- Now choose photos only.
- Click ‘Start.’
- Droidkit will now start to scan the deleted photographs on your Android device.
- Once the scan is complete you can choose which photographs you wish to restore from the items found.
You can use Droidkit or a similar alternative Android data recovery software to restore your old images. This works well on Android phones, as deleted data may still remain on the device.
How do I recover deleted photos from the Gallery on Google Drive?
If you use something like the Google Drive app to back up your photos and phone regularly then it will be rather easy to recover your photos from your Google Drive account.
Make sure you have Google Drive installed on your phone and then follow the process laid out below to recover your lost photos.
1) Open Google Drive on your Android device or phone.
2) Log In to your account that you use to back up your photos.
3) You should see all the photos you have backed up.
4) Select the photos you want to download and download them to your phone or device.
In conclusion, once upon a time if you deleted something then it was just gone forever, now, however, we have backups in place to find our lost memories in nearly any situation.
Luckily there are ways in which you can restore your deleted photographs on Android now, and all the ways to do so are generally as easy as installing a few different apps on your devices.
One of the best things you can do is keep something like DroidKit handy because it will recover almost anything that is lost or deleted and will come in handy time and again.