The 0x8004010F error is a common problem with Microsoft Outlook users trying to synchronize their Microsoft Outlook email accounts. The 0x8004010F Error in Outlook is relatively common, and there are several potential solutions. One solution is to restart Outlook. That will usually fix the problem. If the 0x8004010F error doesn’t stop, you can try repairing the PST file. To do this, you can use a tool like the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, which includes an online Outlook repair tool to solve the “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” error.
5 Reliable Methods to Fix the 0x8004010F Error
The most common cause of the 0x8004010F error is incorrect account settings. Ensure you’ve entered the correct server name, port number, and encryption type. You can contact your email provider for assistance if you’re unsure of your account settings.
The five common causes of the 0x8004010F error include the following:
- A virus or malware damages
- Outlook upgrade issues
- Outlook account problems
- Inappropriate location of the data files
- The data file is too large for the program.
Let’s discuss the best 5 solutions to fix the 0x8004010F error:
Method #1. Change Outlook Delivery Location
The error code 0x8004010F can be resolved by altering the delivery location used by Outlook.
The Outlook 0x8004010F error is common when Outlook is trying to send or receive messages. A few things can cause this error, but the most common cause is an incorrect delivery location.
When Outlook is configured to use the wrong delivery location, it will often result in the 0x8004010F error. Luckily, this is a relatively easy problem to fix.
Go into Outlook’s settings and change the delivery location to the correct path. Once you’ve done this, the 0x8004010F error should be resolved, and Outlook should be able to send and receive messages without any issues.
Proceed in the following manner:
- After clicking the Start button, go to the Control Panel and select the Mail icon. Then, go to Mail Settings and choose the Show Profiles option.
- Choose the active profile, go to the Properties menu, and click on the Data Files tab.
- You will now be prompted to provide the name and location of the data file corresponding to your profile. This file will serve as the default option.
- Ensure that you mark it, then close this window.
If you are still unable to access the Outlook data file after attempting this approach, move to the following method.
Method #2. Make and Use a New Outlook Profile
If you use Microsoft Outlook and have been experiencing the 0x8004010F error, there is a simple fix that you can try.
If Outlook is not configured to use the correct email settings, it will be unable to connect to the server. The first step to correct the 0x8004010F error due to an incorrect account setting is to create a new Outlook profile.
If you would rather go with the first choice, please proceed as follows:
- Follow the instructions for the first way until you reach the point where you can see the Show Profiles tab.
- To add anything, choose the General tab and click the Add button. Ensure the box labeled “Always use this profile” is checked. In the box labeled “Add New Account,” you will be allowed to fill in various information.
- After that, choose the OK button. The email address will be shown in the new window that has opened. Click OK -> Done.
For the manual setup of the profile, these are the procedures you need to follow:
- Launch the System Preferences panel. Click the mouse’s left button on the “Show profiles” option in the new window titled “Mail Setup – Outlook.”
- Click the Add button after selecting the active profile. You will need to choose a new name with the new profile.
- You will need to give the new Outlook profile a name. Select the OK button.
- You will then be presented with a new window labeled “Add a new account.” Within this window, you must choose the option “Manually specify server settings or extra server types.” Now click the Next button. Next, you must input your email address into the new box labeled “Choose Service.” Then, just go on to the next step.
- Enter your account details in the “Internet Email Settings” section, then click the “Test Account Settings” button. You will then be able to validate this account.
- After that, choose “Existing Outlook Data File” followed by “Browse” and “Open Outlook Data File” from the drop-down menus. There will be a list of the data files that appear. Next, choose the data file that was discovered earlier in the search. To finish, click the OK button.
Hopefully, you won’t see the “Outlook data file cannot be accessible” problem anymore.
Method #3. A .PST file recovery with the Microsoft Inbox Repair tool.
If you cannot open your Outlook data file or suspect that the file is damaged, use the Inbox Repair tool (SCANPST.EXE). You need to diagnose and repair errors in your Outlook data file in the following situations:
- Outlook can’t open your data file
- Outlook can’t open the set of folders
- Damaged Outlook data file
The Inbox Repair tool will not connect and analyze any data in an Exchange mailbox. Instead, the tool only checks errors (corruption), and if there are any, it allows the tool to fix those errors.
You may need to locate your Outlook Data Files in Outlook before repairing corrupt .pst files:
- First, select File, Choose Account Settings, andClick Account Settings.
- Next, select the Data Files tab.
- You will see all Outlook Data Files (.PST) and Offline Data Files (.OST) listed, along with the account name the files are associated with.
To repair an Outlook (.PST) file, first Exit Microsoft Outlook and go to one of these locations:
- For Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- For Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- For Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- For Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- For Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Open SCANPST.EXE.
2. Next, Click Browse to choose the Outlook Data File (.PST) you want to scan.
3. Click Start to scan.
- If the scan finds errors, Click Repair to start fixing them.
- When the process is complete, start Outlook with the profile associated with the Outlook Data File you just repaired.
If the Inbox Repair tool cannot repair the file, you may see the error 0x8004010F. The error indicates that the PST file is corrupt and cannot be repaired.
You may need to run the tool several times to repair your Outlook Data File. Some items may not be recovered if they were permanently deleted or corrupted. In these cases, we recommend using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, the popular tool for repairing Outlook .PST files.
If SCANPST.EXE tool failed to recover a PST file, stopped responding, or failed to complete the task, see Methods #4 and #5.
Method #4. Consider Using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook to Fix the 0x8004010F Error
If you face the 0x8004010F error while using Outlook, you should consider using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook to fix the issue. The tool can help you to repair PST files and recover data from them.
First, try Recovery Toolbox for Outlook https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook-data-file-cannot-be-accessed.html, one of the top-rated programs for data recovery available offline and online, to fix a corrupt .pst file.
With the aid of the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, you can restore any emails, attachments, tasks, calendars, Outlook contacts, and WAB contacts from functional and damaged Outlook databases. This tool can recover Outlook data files in case of a formatting issue, an accidental deletion, the fragmentation of PST files into several portions that are dispersed randomly on the disc, and the like.
The program completely automates all of the tasks. As a result, the time needed to retrieve data is considerably reduced.
Use Recovery Toolbox for Outlook to solve the “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” issue
Use these instructions to recover your Outlook data using the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook.
Step 1: Download and Run the program.
Step 2: Search for a corrupt .pst file on your PC.
Step 3: Choose a location and click Search Now.
Step 4: Choose a corrupt .pst file and Click OK.
Step 5: Select the corrupt file and Click Next.
Step 6: Choose Recovery Mode and Click Next.
Step 7: Confirm Yes to start the recovery process.
Step 8: Inspect the data preview and click Next to save the recovered file to a new location.
Step 9: Enter the location to save the .pst file and click Next.
Step 10: Save recovered data as the new .pst file.
Step 11: After checking the successful recovery results, click Finish to exit the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook tool.
Finally, you should replace the damaged file with a recovered one or add the recovered .pst file to the list of data files in Outlook. For the following versions of Outlook: 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013, it is done like this:
- Choose the menu item File | Info.
- Next, click the button Account Settings.
- Finally, choose Account Settings in the pop-up menu.
- Choose the Data Files tab and click Remove.
- Click Open File Location and select the recovered file. Click Set as Default.
Done! The problem of a corrupt .pst file has been solved.
Method #5. How to fix the code 0x8004010F error Online with the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook
With the online Outlook Recovery Tool, it’s easy to fix the error online on any device, and you have no difficulty fixing encrypted PST files or restoring OST files of any version.
- Click the Select file and select an Outlook data file with the extension .pst or .ost
- Enter your valid e-mail address
- Press the Continue button
- Wait for the corrupted .pst/.ost file to be recovered
- Download the recovered Microsoft Outlook (.pst) file
The data recovered from the corrupted Microsoft Outlook file will be saved as a new Microsoft Outlook 2016 file with the PST extension, making it possible to recover .pst Microsoft Outlook Personal Folder files on any device with a browser.
Bonus: Convert the Corrupt .OST File to Another Format (like .PST)
If Outlook cannot open an .ost file, you might try exporting it to another program. The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook features OST to PST file converter which is a helpful tool you can use if you want to solve this problem.
You may convert online on any platform (PC, Mac) and upload the corrupted .ost file. After that, you can begin the conversion process – the data will be exported in a format compatible with .pst without any issues.
The advantages of the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook include the following:
- You can fix any PST files of different versions of Microsoft Outlook: ANSI (Outlook 97-2003), Unicode (2007 and above)
- You can fix PST files of any size (successfully tested on files with size 180Gb+)
- You can fix password-protected files
- You can fix encrypted PST files
- You can fix the error online on any device at https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/online
- You can restore OST files of any versions
- You can additionally convert OST files to PST files at https://osttopst.recoverytoolbox
The online Outlook Recovery Tool allows you to fix 0x8004010F error online on any device, and you will encounter no difficulties fixing encrypted PST files or restoring PST files of any version. Don’t let a corrupt PST file slow down your work — give the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook a try today!
Highly acclaimed by users Recovery Toolbox for Outlook utilizes the most advanced PST file-analysis methods aimed at opening Outlook data files with different degrees of damage inflicted by all types of accidents, like virus attacks, power failures, network errors, hardware problems, software bugs, RAID or HDD failure, and others.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook can recover all types of objects from damaged Exchange Server (OST) and Outlook (PST) storage files, including email messages with attachments, contacts, notes, tasks, and more. You can also use the Outlook PST fixer as a PST viewer.
Recovery Toolbox is a software developer, ISV vendor, and distributor company based in Varna, Bulgaria. The company’s multinational team of software engineers specializes in developing and introducing easy-to-use practical tools like Recovery Toolbox for Outlook for .OST/.PST recovery and repair. Over the past 20 years, more than 100,000 customers have endorsed our data care solutions tailored to the needs of end-users and enterprises. We offer industry-leading online data recovery/repair technology and offline data recovery software to repair a wide range of corrupted and damaged files. Being an ISDEF member (International Society of Data Engineers) the company has made every effort to provide users with innovative, value-adding data recovery software products, making Recovery Toolbox one of the most trusted data care companies in the world.
Outlook is part of our daily routine. We use it to send email messages, set up calendar events, and create tasks and other items. For Microsoft 365, Exchange, and Outlook.com accounts, all information is stored on the server, but an offline copy is also stored on a local computer in an Offline Outlook Data File (.OST). For POP and IMAP accounts, Outlook items are located in an Outlook Data File (.PST). If you need to fix an Outlook Data File (.PST), you can do that in a few simple steps using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook by installing the tool on your PC or recovering a corrupt .PST file on the go using the Repair Outlook online option.
If you encountered the error code 0x8004010F and want to fix the “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” issue,in most cases, you may simply close Microsoft Outlook and open it again to access your mail folders. The restart will fix a temporary system failure. If you see the error code 0x8004010F once again, it means that there is no other way to restore access than to fix a damaged .PST file with one of the industry’s leading data recovery software like Recovery Toolbox for Outlook.