The Uber App is used by millions of people on a regular basis, and in the modern day, many taxis have been replaced by Uber drivers.
So of course, it can be a little frustrating when it’s not working – especially if you’re currently needing to get somewhere in a hurry.
It’s very rare that there will be any down time because of an issue on the company’s side or an issue with the Uber server.
So, what else may be causing your Uber app not to work? That’s what we’re going to take a look at,
Uber App Not Working? The fix
One of the most common issues that users face is that their mobile phone number is not supported by Uber.
So, the first thing that you’ll want to do is make sure that your mobile is supported by Uber. You will also want to check if the app is down is the Uber website itself.
Here they have a news section which will be updated if there are any issues with the app on the company’s side and it will have updates if there are any issues.
You can check with the link here: https://www.uber.com/
If you’ve checked their website and there’s no issue with the Uber servers, then it’s likely on your end.
You may also get the Uber check your connection and try again error, which usually indicates a network issue. So, here’s our solutions for how to fix your Uber App.
Your internet connection is one of the main things that can cause an issue when you’re using Uber.
If you want to quickly check if it is your connectivity that’s the issue, open and browser such as Safari and try to load a web page.
It doesn’t matter the web page – it should load if your internet connection is working.
If you are having issues, it’s usually down to one of two things.
- First things first, make sure that your phone is not in Airplane mode. If it is, then this can stop you from accessing your mobile data – in turn, this means apps like Uber won’t work, as they rely on your connection to the internet.
- If not connected to your Mobile data, then your Wi-Fi network connection is also worth checking for its quality. If you can, reset the Wi-Fi router in your home to see if this resolves the issue, as often a weak connection can be the reason why your apps don’t work as they should.
Check for updates
The truth is that there are various different things that can be causing an issue with your connection, but one of the biggest factors is likely to be updates – if you don’t update your app on a regular basis, you can see issues.
This is because bugs can create issues on Uber’s side, so they need to create updates and push them live to patch up any issues.
The good news is that it’s easy enough to force your Uber app and device into an update.
- Open the app store.
- Go to your profile.
- Scroll down and find the Uber app, which should have an update button next to it for you to press.
- Go to the home screen of the Play Store.
- Here, go into My apps & games.
- You should be able to find Uber in here, which you can update manually alone or force an update for all apps.
Over months and years, your apps will gradually store more and more data as they learn about what your preferences are – they do this so the app runs quicker your end.
Unfortunately, sometimes this data can become corrupted, which can lead to issues like it not working.
You’ll need to log into your Uber account again afterwards, but it’s definitely worth doing if you have no other options left to get the app working.
The easiest way for you to do this with an iPhone (iOS) is to delete the app and re-install it again – this will force clear the cache.
With Android though, you can do this from your settings and;
- Hit apps.
- Select Uber App
- Go into storage.
- There should be a “clear cache” option in the bottom of your display.
In conclusion the Uber App almost never has issues, if there are any issues it is most likely a connection issue on your end – it’s worth checking if it’s just you or other site visitors are experiencing the issue as well.
So, check your internet connection, clear the apps cache and reinstall if all else fails.
This should fix all your problems and then you’ll be well on your way to your destination via your Uber cab.