One of the good things about Android phones is that you can easily block unwanted text messages from certain numbers.
However, sometimes this can be done accidentally, or you may have a blocked caller that can no longer send you messages.
Fortunately, you can also unblock text messages from certain contacts pretty easily too.
If you want to unblock messages from a blocked number on your Android device, we’re going to teach you how to do so on Android phones (from different brands too, as they can vary!).
How to Unblock Messages On Android
When you block a number on an Android device, your phone will not ring if you receive a call from that number.
Also, if you get a message from that number, it will be sent directly to your spam box, and it will then not let let the other person know that you’ve read their text message.
Thus, by blocking a phone number, you effectively cut off all calls and SMS from that number unilaterally.
Occasionally, some numbers may be incorrectly blocked. You may, however, unblock texts and phone calls from such numbers. In the following, we will walk you through the process.
How do we know which numbers are blocked on the phone?
To begin, find your phone’s list of blocked numbers. Keep in mind that while we cannot prescribe a general solution for all phones, the procedure is relatively similar.
Therefore, follow the actions outlined below:
1- First, open the phone dialer app.
2. Then go to the “Settings” menu, find the settings toolbar, and open it.
3. In the settings section, there is a subsection titled “Blocked Numbers,” tap on it.
Now you will see the list of blocked numbers.
How to unblock text messages on Android?
If you want to unblock messages from a number, follow the steps below:
- First, open the Messages app on your Android device.
- Then tap on the three vertical dots.
- Enter the Settings menu. In this section, depending on the Android version, you may encounter different modes. In either situation, you should look for the option “Blocked numbers and messages.”
- Next, tap “Blocked Numbers.”
- There is probably a + or – sign in front of the number you want to unblock messages from; clicking on the symbols will unblock the number.
- You will now be notified everytime that phone number sends a message.
How to unblock calls on Android
To unblock numbers and receive voice calls, you must follow the same steps as in the previous section, except that you must navigate to the dialer app.
- Open the phone dialer application
- Tap on the “three vertical dots.”
- Enter the Settings menu
- Choose the “Blocked Numbers.”
- Tap + or – sign next to the blocked number.
How to unblock text messages from unknown numbers on Android
Android allows you to block all unknown numbers that are not saved in your phone’s contacts.
If you enable this option on your phone, you will not receive messages from new numbers. To disable this feature, follow the steps below.
- Run the Phone dialer app.
- Find the Settings menu and tap on it.
- Disable the “Block unknown messages” option.
It is worth noting that if you want to block calls from unknown numbers for any reason, you can do the same steps.
Unblock text messages on all types of Android phones
As mentioned earlier, the way to unblock messages and numbers is similar on different types of Android phones.
However, in this section, we’ve collected instructions on how to unblock messages on phones from Google, Samsung, and HTC.
Unblock text messages on Google phones
- Open the phone dialer app.
- Tap on the “Three Vertical Dots” icon.
- Enter Settings.
- Choose “Blocked Numbers” .
- Unblock messages from the specified phone number.
Unblock text messages on Samsung phones
- Run phone dialer app.
- Navigate to “Settings”.
- Choose “Blocked Numbers.”
- To unblock messages sent from that number, tap the – sign.
Unblock text messages on HTC phones
- Open phone dialer app.
- Tap on the square icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To access the list of blocked numbers, choose “Blocked contacts.”
- Tap on “unblock contact.”
- Confirm by tapping “OK.”
Can we unblock text messages while the phone number is still blocked?
Yes, most new phones have this feature; however, both text messages and phone calls are blocked simultaneously in some of them.
Is this feature also available in older versions of Android?
Phones running older versions of Android must install an app that manages calls and messages in order to block and unblock texts from unwanted numbers.
However, in recent versions, this feature is already available. So, you should be able to easily block text messages from numbers you don’t want to receive them off.
Although blocking messages and phone calls is a basic feature, it is a highly handy one on phones. Furthermore, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for unblocking messages on Android phones.
Still, the steps necessary to prevent incoming calls and messages from unwanted numbers are similar on nearly all Android devices.
In short, To find the list of blocked messages or calls, open the Messages app and then go to Settings. Then, hit the – sign in front of the number.