Pokémon Go Error 2 is one glitch users experience when using the Pokémon app. Error 2 occurs when you interact with Gyms to battle other teams. When the game starts to load the Gym and a buffering circle will appear on your screen but the Gym Battle will not load as normal. Pokémon Go has an exceptional number of players at any one time and this can happen when the server is overloading with network requests like during raids.
So if you experience Network Error 2 also known as Pokémon Go Gym Fight Error, how can you fix it? Below are some of the tried and tested methods of players over the years.
Pokémon Go Network Error 2- Fixed
How do I turn off Battery Optimisation?
The Pokémon Go app is notorious for draining your battery power. So when playing Pokémon Go and experiencing Error 2 your best bet is to make sure you do not optimize your Battery power settings. If you optimize the battery power settings then the requests sent from the app may not go through because you are saving your battery power instead of it being used for the essential features that help Pokémon Go run smoothly. To turn off your Battery Optimisation settings follow these steps below:
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘Battery.’
- Open ‘Battery Optimisation.’
- Go to Pokémon Go and open the app.
- Select ‘Don’t Optimise.’
How do I ‘Force Stop’ the app?
If your Pokémon Go app is freezing constantly and you are repeatedly seeing Error 2 when trying to load a Gym, force quit your app. However, to fix the error you will need to take some extra steps to avoid the error reoccurring, follow the process laid out below in order to fix this issue:
- Open the Pokémon Go app.
- Enter a gym
- Pick your team.
- When and if the error appears, ‘Force Stop’ app by swiping it away.
- Now open the Pokémon Go app again.
- Select the same gym.
- Enter the battle immediately, don’t worry about picking a specific team.
- When the battle begins, the game will switch to the previous team you picked, rather than the one you went in with this time.
- You won’t have enough time to kill the Pokémon, but when you kill one, select Battle again and continue killing more Pokémon. If the error occurs again, follow the same steps.
How do I check my network is private?
You need to check your device network to make sure you are not playing Pokémon in the public domain. To check if this is the problem and you have access to data, enable it to see if this is the cause of the issue you are experiencing. If this fixes the issue and you are at home make sure you are signed in to your Home Network on your Wi-Fi to play Pokémon Go.
1) Turn off your Wi-Fi.
2) Do not connect to public Wi-Fi.
3) Restart your device.
4) Connect to your data services or to your private home network, in order to fix the Error 2 issue.
How do I clear cache and data?
Clearing your cache and data will reset the app and erase any associated data, so you may want to back up your information first in case this option doesn’t work for you. That way you can easily revert back to your original settings for the game. Clearing the cache will get rid of any pathways that may be corrupt and that may be interfering with your app so it is best to try this before erasing the data.
1) Go to ‘Settings.’
2) Go to ‘Apps.’
3) Go to ‘All’ tab.
4) Tap on the Pokémon Go app.
5) Tap clear cache.
6) You can tap clear data as well this will mean you need to provide your login details again.
How do I reinstall the app?
Failing all the above methods, the best thing you can do is uninstall Pokémon Go and reinstall it again, it might be there has been an update that has caused a problem, or it might be some glitched code within the game that is making it incompatible with your device. Below is how you uninstall the game:
- Go to ‘Apps.’
- Go to Pokémon Go.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Go to the Google Play Store and reinstall the Pokémon Go app.
In conclusion, Error 2 is a common problem amongst Pokémon players and there are lots of reasons why it can occur, above we have given some of the most common fixes of this glitch. There are also some other fairly common errors, like the failed to detect location error 12. I hope now you have it fixed and running again because I know how annoying this glitch is especially when you made the trek outside to go to a Gym and battle.