If you come home from a long day at work to find the Now TV app not working then it’s got the potential to ruin your evening.
Customers generally say the Now TV app is worth it, as they have access to a wide variety of content from Sky Sports to Sky Atlantic.
Essentially, it’s one big hub of entertainment which grants you access to Premier League football, Formula 1 races and Game of Thrones.
When it’s functioning, it’s great but, when it isn’t you have every right to feel let down, especially as it’s a paid service.
Now TV app not working – The quick fix for Smartphone
The majority of the time, it’s easy to find a resolution to this issue and to top it off, you don’t need to be a tech expert to find a work-around.
This article will reveal the most common causes for Now TV failing and walk you through in simple steps the most common resolutions.
Although technology has come on leaps and bounds over the past couple of decades, the quickest, and most common, fix for the Now TV playing up is the good old fashioned ‘turn it off and on again’.
Beware though, just clicking off the app on your smart phone isn’t enough to ‘turn it off’, you will need to effectively reset it by doing one of the following two things:
- Close the app down completely. To do this on an iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of the home screen to reveal all your open apps. Find the Now TV app and swipe up on it to close the app down completely. This will act as a ‘reset’ which means when you click on the app to open it up again then it should be working as normal. However, if it doesn’t then you may need to:
- Delete the app and re-install it on to your phone. To do this on an iOS device, hold down on the Now TV icon on your phone’s home screen and click ‘remove app’. Then head over to the App Store, search for Now TV and redownload it on to your phone. Your sign in details and other data for the app are often saved in the cloud so the process to get up and running again won’t take as long as the first time you downloaded the app.
Unfortunately, sometimes the NOW TV app encounters issues that can’t be resolved by resetting the app and starting again. We will now explain some of these causes and reveal how to get around them.
From issues on Now TV’s end, to potential issues on yours. Your wireless signal strength can be another reason why your Now TV may not be working,
Unless you are looking to watch programmes that you have previously downloaded then you are going to need a good internet connection to get any use out of the Now TV app.
If you are trying to use the app without an internet connection then you will likely be seeing an error message that reads ‘network problem’. In order to resolve this you can either:
- Establish a good Wi-Fi connection. To do this on an iOS device, head over to the settings app and select the ‘Wi-Fi’ tab. Ensure that the bar next to ‘Wi-Fi’ is ticked to ‘green’ and then select one of the available connections. You may need to reset your wireless router to fix this.
- Connect via mobile data. To do this on an iOS device, head over to the settings app again but this time select ‘Mobile Data’ and make sure the bar here is ticked to ‘green’. You may also need to turn the Wi-Fi bar off to make sure that your phone isn’t still trying to connect to other services, instead of just settling on 3G, 4G or 5G.
Be careful when using mobile data to stream because it will drain your usage and you could incur costs. We would recommend that you use a Wi-Fi connection whenever possible.
However some things can affect your signal – like thick walls between your device and your wireless router, or other household appliances interrupting your connection.
Now TV not working with Smart TV, stick or Now TV Box
Though many people do have issue with the Now TV app, it’s also often an issue if you’re using a smart TV too.
Our example is for a Samsung smart TV, as they are one of the most common. However, if you don’t have a Samsung smart TV, you can also apply these changes to other televisions too.
As above, you should check your connectivity to see whether that’s causing the problem. If Now TV won’t work on your TV, you should also delete the app and re-install it again, just like you should if Now TV won’t work on your smartphone.
The equivalent of this for smart stick or Now TV box is to simply unplug it, and then plug it back in again. Smart TV users should also;
- Make sure that their smart TV is fully updated to the latest version.
- Go into your TV settings and clear the cache of the Now TV app.
- If all else fails, perform a factory reset of the smart TV to take it back to factory settings.
And as a last resort, you can consider getting in touch with the Now TV customer support to see if there’s anything they can do. But before you do that, you should check if there’s an outage.
Now TV not working on Apple TV
As well as having issues with your smart TV, some users have reported issues when using Now TV on their Apple TV device. Though this is less common, it’s still a possibility when you’re using the app frequently.
The first thing to do here is to try the app on your phone or iPad – if it works, this will let you know that your Apple TV is the root of the issue and not your Now TV account. The most common issue with Apple TV is poor video quality, which can usually be resolved with a factory reset of the device.
Now TV outages
One issue could be if Now TV is having an outage. This means that all services provided by Now TV would be out of action due to a variety of reasons including a signal error.
If this is the case then it’s nothing to do with you and all you can do is sit around and wait for them to sort it from their end.
To check to see if this is the reason why the app isn’t working then head over to this website which will show you if Now TV is down and if other users are reporting similar issues. The website will update when the outage has been fixed so make sure to keep checking back for updates.
Now TV is a superb app that offers its customers an opportunity to watch some of the best live sporting action in the world without the pressure/commitment of signing up to a long-term contract. It’s quite rare that it encounters issues but when it does, the fixes are usually very straightforward.
We hope that we have been able to assist you today and are now back up and running. For more troubleshooting, check out our catalogue of articles on various other apps.