The Xbox app for Windows 10 is definitely worth downloading, but like any application, it does have its fair share of issues.
From it not loading to its failure to receive notifications or party invites, there is a fix for everything out there thanks to the beautiful gaming community.
So here are some tried and tested methods on how to fix your app when you aren’t receiving notifications on the app.
No notifications on Xbox app? Windows 10 Guide
If you’re not getting notifications via your Xbox app, this is usually because you don’t have the companion app running in the background.
It could also be down to your settings or a glitch, so it’s worth resetting your device to see if this resolves the issue.
In fact, there are a few different reasons why the Xbox app may fail to receive notifications. This includes;
- Notifications may be turned off by default or by a new update.
- The application may be glitching or not configured correctly so you need to do a reset.
- Background limitations and permissions.
- There is a glitch in full-screen mode when running the application preventing you from receiving notifications.
If you want to fix Xbox app notifications not working on your device, you’ll want to troubleshoot the reasons above.
How do I make sure my notifications are enabled?
If you aren’t receiving notifications, it could be as simple as they aren’t enabled. It could be due to an update they have been disabled, or maybe you disabled them manually and forgot to reenable them. You can block Xbox app notifications pretty easily.
Whatever the reason, it is best to check here first. To enable your notifications for the Xbox app follow these steps below:
- Open ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘System.’
- Choose ‘Notifications and Actions.’
- Enable ‘Get Notifications from Apps and Other Senders.’
- There is also the option to check individual apps notifications are switched on.
- Go to the Xbox app in the list and ensure it is enabled, if it isn’t enable it now.
- Reset your computer and try the app again.
You may also find that block xbox app notifications
How do I open my Xbox app in Windows mode?
In some cases, you may be unable to receive notifications in full screen due to a glitch in the Xbox app. Therefore, I recommend you try to rectify this by going into windows mode – this is a workaround but it does work for users.
- Start the game you want to run in the Xbox Companion app.
- Move your mouse to the top right of the screen.
- A menu will show up.
- Click the diagonal arrows icon to window your screen.
- The app will now go into the windowed mode and the issue should be resolved.
How do I allow my Xbox companion app to run in the background?
If the Xbox app is not running in the background of your computer, you will not receive notifications because the app is closed and cannot relay the information.
To allow the Xbox companion app to run in the background follow the steps below:
- Search in the search bar ‘Privacy Settings.’
- Select the option when you see it.
- Select Background Apps.’
- From the list of apps, find ‘Xbox Console Companion.’
- Make sure this slide button is set to ‘On.’
- Now check if the error is resolved.
How do I reset my Xbox app?
One of the first things you can try is to reset your Xbox app through the Windows 10 settings – you don’t necessarily need to uninstall your Xbox application.
Rest basically deletes all the data associated with an individual app and resets it to factory settings, as if you had just installed the app fresh.
So if you don’t have a good reason to reset your Xbox app then maybe save this till one of your final options.
- Press Windows and the ‘I’ key this will open the Settings on Windows.
- Go to ‘Apps’ in the list.
- Find ‘Xbox app.’
- Choose ‘Advanced options.’
- Scroll to the bottom and select ‘Reset.’
How do I disable and uninstall the Game Bar?
The last thing you should try is using the PowerShell option to disable and uninstall the Game Bar as there could be an issue here that is causing the problem, Make sure to back up your system first in case you do something wrong or you want to quickly revert back to previous settings.
Now to uninstall and disable the Game Bar you can follow these steps below:
- Open the ‘settings’ option.
- Go to ‘Gaming.’
- Click on the option ‘Disable Game Bar.’
- Now go press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘X’ together.
- Choose PowerShell (Admin from the list available.
- Run this command > get-appxpackage *gamongoverlay* | remove-appxpackage
- Make sure you type the command manually rather than copying and pasting to avoid mistakes.
- Let the command finish processing.
- Now open the Xbox Companion app.
- Choose ‘Settings.’
- Choose ‘Notifications.’
- And now choose ‘Enable Party and Game Invitations.’
- Reset your computer to see if the issue is now resolved.
In conclusion, the Xbox app failing to get notifications is a pretty common complaint. Hopefully, with the help of these articles, you have found a way to resolve this issue and have been able to receive any lost notifications you may have missed.