Clash Royale, developed by Supercell, has been a staple in the mobile gaming community for years.
With its unique blend of strategy, quick thinking, and deck-building, it’s no wonder that players are constantly looking for ways to improve and dominate their opponents.
One of the most formidable cards in the game is the Golem. But how do you use it effectively?
In this guide, we’ll delve deep into the strategies, synergies, and nuances of how to use Golem in Clash Royale.
How to Use Golem Clash Royale: The Basics
The Golem is a heavy tank unit, boasting a significant amount of hit points. It’s a card that can change the tide of battle when used correctly. But before we dive into advanced strategies, let’s cover the basics:
- Elixir Cost: The Golem costs 8 elixir, making it one of the most expensive cards in the game.
- Primary Role: It serves as a tank, absorbing damage and protecting other units.
- Death Damage: Upon defeat, the Golem explodes, dealing area damage to nearby enemies.
- Split: After the initial Golem is defeated, it splits into two smaller Golemites.
Understanding these basics is crucial. Misusing the Golem can lead to a significant elixir disadvantage, which can be fatal in the fast-paced battles of Clash Royale.
Strategic Placement and Timing
The Golem is not a card you want to play recklessly. Its high elixir cost means you need to be strategic about when and where you deploy it.
- Starting Slow: It’s often a good idea to place the Golem behind your King’s Tower. This gives you time to regenerate elixir and support the Golem with other troops as it slowly advances.
- Double Elixir: The Golem shines during the double elixir phase. With a faster elixir generation, you can support your Golem push more effectively.
Supporting Your Golem
A lone Golem can be easily countered. The key to a successful Golem push is the support troops you pair with it.
- Ranged Damage: Cards like the Baby Dragon or Wizard can help clear out swarms that might distract or damage your Golem.
- Air Support: The Golem can’t target air units. Having troops like the Mega Minion or Electro Dragon can help fend off aerial threats.
- Spell Support: Spells like Lightning or Log can help clear out potential threats or counters to your Golem push.
Countering the Golem
Knowing how to use the Golem also means understanding its weaknesses. If you’re on the receiving end of a Golem push, here’s what you can do:
- Distract with Buildings: Structures like the Cannon or Tesla can pull the Golem away from your tower, giving you more time to deal with it.
- Swarm: Since the Golem targets buildings, swarm units like Skeleton Army or Minion Horde can deal significant damage without being targeted.
- High Damage Units: Troops like the Lumberjack or Mini P.E.K.K.A can quickly chip away at the Golem’s health.
Advanced Tips on How to Use Golem Clash Royale
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s delve into some advanced strategies:
- Elixir Management: Always be aware of your elixir count. Overcommitting with a Golem push can leave you vulnerable to a counter-push.
- Predictive Spells: If you know your opponent’s deck, you can predict their counters. Pre-emptively using a spell like Log or Arrows can give your Golem push a significant advantage.
- Pair with Night Witch: The Night Witch’s bats can provide excellent support for the Golem, distracting and damaging enemy troops and towers.
The Golem is a powerful card, but like all cards in Clash Royale, it requires strategy, timing, and support to be used effectively.
Whether you’re a seasoned player or just starting out, understanding how to use Golem in Clash Royale can give you a significant edge in battles.
Remember, practice makes perfect. The more you play and experiment with the Golem, the better you’ll become at deploying it effectively.