If you have forgotten your Wi-Fi password then you can find out your password on your phone. There are two ways in which you can find your password for Wi-Fi, rooting and without rooting. Rooting is far harder to do and so if you are trying to find out your password then you should do it without rooting which is what we will look at in this article.
It should be noted, for you to use these methods to get someone else’s password is hacking and that is considered illegal, this article is for academic/information purposes only and you should not use these methods to hack into the Wi-Fi of others, so you have been warned.
What can you use to get your Wi-Fi password without rooting?
You should download WIFI WPS WPA Tester on the Play Store and then follow the steps below:
1) On your Android phone go to the tester.
2) The tester will now process a scan of the available Wi-Fi networks for your area.
3) Each Wi-Fi will have a colour coded lock symbol.
4) If the colour is green then you can hack into this Wi-Fi, if it is red then you won’t be able to use it.
5) To access one of the green networks tap on the one you wish to use and you will see a pop-up with the message ‘Connect; as a selectable option.
6) Tap on this.
7) You will then see another pop-up window that will state ‘Root’ or ‘No Root.’
8) Choose ‘No Root.’
9) You will now see a pop-up with a selection of pins that will allow you to access the Wi-Fi network.
10) Choose one of them, and then select ‘Connect (Root) as the next option.
11) The app will now start the ‘pin attack’ on the Wi-Fi network.
12) If it is successful then it will show you the Wi-Fi password for the network then you can copy and paste this password for the network connection.
13) If the pin doesn’t work you will receive an error message and you will have to follow the steps above to get a new password.
Go to the tester.
Scan for password.
How do you get a WIFI password using ES File Explorer?
- Open the ES File Explorer. It will then ask you for permission.
- Choose ‘Allow’ to allow and change app permissions on all that is requesting it.
- 3Inside the app go to the ‘Tools Panel’ and turn on the ‘Root Explorer’ option.
- Go through the folders on your device until you see the ‘Root Folder.’
- Inside the Root Folder, you will find another folder named ‘Data.’
- Open the ‘Data’ folder.
- Inside the data folder you will find the “misc” folder.
- Open the ‘misc’ folder
- Under the “misc” folder, you will find the “Wi-Fi” folder.
- Inside the Wi-Fi folder you will find the file wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Open it.
- It will open using the built-in HTML/text viewer.
- You will need to locate the terms SSID and PSK.
- Here, SSID refers to the Wifi name, and PSK is its password.
- Note down the password and then use it to access the Wi-Fi network from any other device.
How do you get a Wi-Fi password using ADB Commands?
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘About Phone.’
- Choose ‘Builder Number’ 7 times. This activates the Developer Options on your phone.
- Enter Developer Options and turn on ‘USB Debugging.’
- Download the ADB driver on your computer.
- Open the folder and right-click inside the folder.
- Click on ‘Open Command Window Here.’ (If the option is missing, hold shift and right-click again.)
- Now connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Once your phone is connected, type in “ADB services” in the command prompt and press enter.
- Type in the following command: a. db pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf
- Follow steps 10-15 in the method above to get your password.
In conclusion, there are many ways to get the password for your Wi-Fi should you forget it. Please make sure you take our warning seriously as hacking into another person’s Wi-Fi is illegal and honestly, it’s just not a nice thing to do.