Have you ever deleted a voicemail by accident and then panicked because you thought you have now lost it forever? Well, that is not entirely the case – in many cases, you can retrieve back voice messages that you have deleted accidentally. In this article, we are going to show what to do if you’ve deleted messages by accident and want to retrieve them.
How do I retrieve voicemails on Android?
How do I restore voicemails using the voicemail app? Even if you have deleted your voicemail the data will continue to be stored on your device for a certain period of time. Therefore, if you have accidentally deleted it you should be able to restore it. To do this using a voicemail app:
- Open your voicemail app.
- Go to the ‘Menu.’
- Choose ‘Deleted Voicemails.’
- The app will then list voicemails that are available to be recovered
- Tap and hold the voicemail you wish to keep and press ‘Save.’
However, there may be some circumstances where you can’t recover deleted messages on your Android phone without the assistance on an additional software.
How do I restore voicemails using a third-party app?
If your voicemail is too old it may be automatically deleted and in this case, you won’t be able to retrieve it through the voicemail app. Instead, you can try using a third-party app such as MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- Install the software on your PC. Back up your phone at this point.
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB connection.
- Once you have selected your device go to ‘Scan.’
- Depending on what software you install you may have to select voicemails as the type of data you want to restore.
- After the programme has run for a few minutes you will be given options on recoverable data.
- Look for the voicemail you wish to recover and save it to your phone or computer.
Can you retrieve voicemails on an iPhone?
Typically on an iPhone, it’s actually pretty easy for you to retrieve deleted voicemails, as when you delete them, they aren’t gone for good. So, if you accidentally delete a voicemail on your iPhone, then don’t worry too much. There are steps you can take to retrieve it:
- Open your phone app.
- Go to the voicemail section of the app.
- Scroll to ‘Deleted message.’ (This option will only appear if you have deleted voicemails.)
- Select any messages you wish to restore and tap on ‘Undelete.’
If your voicemails aren’t in the deleted message section, then it can be a little more difficult to check erased messages. Like with an Android device, you’ll have to rely on downloading a third party app to help you recover these messages.
How do I retrieve voicemails on iPhone using a third-party app?
If you can’t retrieve your voicemail directly through iPhone you can always try a third-party app. A good one to try for iPhone is Dr. Fone -Data Recovery (iOS) This software will allow you to retrieve and see your current and deleted voicemails and allow you to select ones you have deleted that you can then restore.
- Access Dr.Fone on your computer.
- Choose ‘Recover’ from the features available.’
- Connect your phone using the USB cable.
- Choose ‘Recover from your iOS device.’
- Here you will see different types of files that you can choose to restore.
- Select ‘Voicemail.;
- Choose ‘Start Scan.’
- Wait for the scan to finish and you will then have access to your deleted voicemails.
- Choose the ones you wish to restore.
- Click on ‘Restore to Computer.’
There’s also another way you may be able to retrieve deleted voicemails on an iPhone, but only if you’ve been storing data on the iCloud.
How do I recover voicemails via iCloud backup?
So if you back up to the cloud, you can use this to retrieve voicemails you may have accidentally deleted. You can’t get them directly from the cloud because it doesn’t allow you to access and restore individual files.
If you download iCloud to your iPhone you’ll lose all the data you currently have. To get around this you can use a third party like Dr. Fone to access the iCloud and this will then ensure you only get the files you want instead of everything you have ever stored.
- Choose ‘Recover from iCloud backup files.’
- Enter your iCloud details when prompted.
- Choose the iCloud backup you want to go through and then choose ‘Download.’
- After the download is finished choose ‘Scan.’
- On the left-hand side select ‘Voicemail’ from the options.
- Go through the entire gallery and choose the voicemails you want to retrieve.
- Choose ‘Recover to your Computer.’
Voicemail is a computer system that allows users to leave and receive voice messages for a person that is unable to pick up their calls if they are busy. It is a stored telecommunications process that means you can access the messages, rerecord them, delete them, and so on when using your network provider’s voicemail system.
Almost all mobile telephone services offer this option, though whether or not it is enabled by the user is at the discretion of the user. If you don’t install an app, then there’s usually no way to recover a deleted voicemail. In some cases though, you are able to retrieve deleted voicemails on an Android phone.
In conclusion, for whatever reason, you wish to retrieve your voicemail we have given you plenty of ways to get them back here. If your phone isn’t working properly, when people call you your phone will ring twice then go straight to voicemail, which can lead to a stack of messages.
Sometimes voicemails if they are old enough will be automatically deleted but you can turn off this feature by speaking to your provider.