Instagram can be a fascinating platform, where you can share some of the best pictures and moments of your life with your friends and family. Sadly, it can also be a toxic place where trolls and bullies thrive resulting in many people removing themselves from the platform to protect their own mental wellbeing.
If you are one of these people who has decided to delete their Instagram, or someone who has never bothered having one in the first place, you may want to know if it is possible to still check out your favourite users’ instagram posts without having an account.
How to look at someone’s Instagram without an account – Is it possible?
The good news is that it is possible to look at someone’s Instagram if you don’t have an account. That is providing, of course, that the profile you are wanting to view isn’t set to private. If it is, then unfortunately the only way you’ll be able to view their profile is to create an account on the platform and send them a follow request.
Assuming the account is public, though, then the best way to look at someone’s Instagram without an account is to follow these steps. Please note that you are going to need to know what the person’s Instagram username is before you start –
- Open up your preferred web browser.
- Go to the search bar at the top of the browser and type in www.instagram.com/*instert username of account here*
- Hit enter and you should instantly be redirected to the profile that you are looking for.
- Enjoy scrolling through the person’s Instagram.
Bear in mind that if you don’t have an account, you won’t be able to turn on post notifications for that person, which is one reason why some people decide to sign up.
Alternatively, use a third-party platform
The only other way to view an Instagram profile without having an account yourself is to use a third-party website. One of the best third-party websites to use for this is imginn. To use this website to access Instagram accounts, please follow these instructions:
- Visit Imginn.
- Ensure that the magnifying glass icon is selected.
- In the search bar, type in the username of the account that you want to look at.
- Scan through the account in question, downloading any images that you want to.
Viewing Instagram stories without having an account
You may be wondering whether the methods stated above will grant you access to the stories section of someone’s Instagram profile. Sadly, using the direct link on Instagram won’t grant you access to someone’s story, and while Imginn does advertise this service as, the stories section on the site can be quite temperamental with frequent error messages and bugs.
Fear not, though, because there are plenty of other third-party websites which do provide this service. The one that we would recommend using is storiesdown. It basically does exactly what users want it to by providing them with downloadable content for a profile’s story.
In order to use the website successfully, please follow these steps:
- Open up your preferred web browser and load up storiesdown.
- Enter in the username of the account you want to access.
- Once on the account, you will be able to see each individual post from that person’s current Instagram story.
- If you so wish, you will also be able to download this content on to your device.
How to remove trolls from Instagram
A lot of people delete their Instagram accounts because they have experienced trolling on the app. In fact, the reputation that Instagram holds in relation to trolling plays a massive part in why some people decide to stay away from Instagram altogether.
Luckily, Instagram is trying to help users as much as possible in their bid to remove trolls from the platform. The best thing that you can do in relation to this in order to stay active on the platform is to turn your account to private. By doing this, you will only be able to receive comments on your posts from people who you’ve approved to follow you.
To change your Instagram to private, please follow these steps:
- Log on to your Instagram account via the mobile phone app.
- Select your profile icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
- Select the three lined icon on the top right hand side of the screen followed by ‘settings’.
- Select ‘privacy’ and then slide the toggle next to ‘private account’ to make your account private.
- From now on, you will have to accept people who want to follow you and only those people will be able to interact with your Instagram posts.
To conclude, the good news is that you can view Instagram profiles without having an account yourself providing that they are public accounts. The even better news is that we’ve provided you with multiple methods to do this in the content above. We hope that by following our instructions you will get the results that you are after.