One of the great things about Pokémon Go is that it gets people out and about in the real world, giving kids and adults a fun reason to exercise inadvertently. But many people can’t go out every day and walk around, which is the most effective way to win in Pokemon Go.
So is there a way for you to actually move your avatar in Pokémon Go without actually having to move in real life? The good news is that yes there is, you can do this by getting an onscreen GPS joystick.
How to get a Joystick in Pokémon Go
You can use a third-party app to overlay a joystick on the Pokémon Go app that allows you to move location without actually physically moving.
But it is against Niantic’s terms of service, so we aren’t recommending you actually do it, this is for information purposes only. You can have your account flagged if you chose to use any of the information in this article.
How do I install Tweak box to play Pokémon Go Joystick on iOS?
If you have an iOS device then Tweak Box is one of the best third-party apps that can be used to modify Pokémon Go. It can enable you to play safely using Pokémon Go Joystick or spoof GPS locations.
But like we said you shouldn’t do this because there is always a chance you’ll get banned. However, knowledge is power, and our information and your free will is, well, free.
- Go to the following website > https://www.tweakboxapp.com/
- Download the app corresponding with your version of iOS if multiple are available.
- You will see a prompt, click ‘Allow’ to continue.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your device.
- Click on the ‘Profile Downloaded’ option.
- Choose ‘Install’ and then ‘Done’ once the installation is complete.
- Now continue to the ‘Home Screen’ of your device.
- Boot the Pokémon Go app.
- You will now be able to use your app with the Joystick feature.
How do I install AppValley?
This app can be installed to bypass the issue of going outside in real life and walking to find Pokémon. There is a chance this could get you a soft ban because there is anti-hacking software coded into the game that gets updated regularly.
This allows you again to spoof locations and use a GPS joystick to move your avatar.
- Download and install AppValley on your iOS device > https://appvalleyapp.com/vip/
- Go to ‘Profile and Device Management’ on your device.
- Turn on the option that says ‘Trust AppValley.’
- Open AppValley and search ‘iSpoofer PokeGo.’
- Select ‘Install.’
- Open Settings on your phone again.
- Go to ‘Profile and Device Management.’
- Turn on the option ‘Trust iSpoofer PokeGo.’
Once you open the Pokémon Go app you will now be able to use the joystick option to move your avatar.
How do I install Tenorshare iAnyGo?
Tenorshare iAnyGo has a joystick feature integrated into the software allowing you to use the joystick to control GPS and move locations without running a jailbreak.
- Download Tenorshare iAnyGo on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC with a wired connection.
- Go to ‘Joystick Movement’ mode.
- Select ‘Enter.’
- Put the joystick in the surrounding circle within your GPS location and you will be moved in that direction.
- To change direction, move the joystick.
- To speed up the movement, choose ‘Stop.’
- Move the slider to set the speed you wish to move.
- Move the joystick to walk again.
In conclusion, the GPS spoofs and hacks are a great way for us adults to chill out and play Pokémon without ever having to move, but ultimately I guess that spoils the entire ethos of this game. You literally have to go outside and ‘Catch ‘Em All.’
Maybe it’s just me but I kind of do enjoy the occasion where I go outside and some kids get mad at me for beating them all by using an onscreen GPS joystick to move from the comfort of my sofa.
This is probably because I was an original generation Pokémon player, back when we had cards and stickers and we swapped them with each other on the playground. If you do want to play the original, then you can play Pokemon on an iPhone emulator too.
So it really is up to you what you do with this information, but be warned you can be flagged for using any hacking technology on Pokémon because they want you to go outside and have fun. Happy Pokémon hunting whatever you decide!