Amazon Prime is one of the most popular streaming apps in the world and with this ability to cast from your phone to your television, users are able to enjoy their huge catalogue of content on the big screen.
In this article we will look at how to successfully cast the app from your phone to your television and look at other ways in which you can enjoy Amazon Prime.
How to cast from Amazon Prime Video app – Step by step
First things first, you need to make sure that you have an Amazon Prime account and have the app downloaded on to your phone.
If you don’t already, then head to their website, sign up for prime and then download the app from the app store. Once you’ve done this you will be ready to cast. Just follow these simple steps:
- Turn on your TV.
- Open the Prime Video app on your mobile device and ensure that you are signed into your Prime Video app, and are on the same network as your connected device (Fire TV, Android TV or Chromecast).
- Select the ‘cast’ icon on your Prime Video app – this will bring up a screen on your TV that reads ‘Ready to Cast’.
- Pick something to watch on the app and this should mirror on your TV.
- From this point, your phone will essentially be working as a remote control for playback, audio and subtitles.
- Sit back and enjoy the show.
We have a helpful guide if you do find that the Prime Video app is not working, but most of the time it’s pretty solid. You want to make sure you’re using the same Wi-Fi network with both devices to ensure a smooth casting experience.
Casting isn’t the only way to enjoy Amazon Prime on the big screen, though, and it’s also far from the simplest. Let’s take a look at some of the ways in which you can watch Prime on your TV.
This works similar to casting in many ways, just with a few minor changes. Follow these steps below to watch Prime on your big screen via air play.
- Turn on your television and open the Amazon Prime app on your mobile device, ensuring you are logged in.
- Ensure you are connected to the same network on both your smart television and mobile device.
- Select something to watch on the app and allow it to start playing. You will notice a few icons on the top right hand of the screen, you need to pick the one that resembles a TV screen.
- Once you’ve selected this option, you will see a menu that allows you to select which device you want to connect to – select your smart TV.
- A four digit code will appear on your television, tap this code into the box that appears on your phone.
- Sit back and enjoy the show.
iPhone and iPad users can consider casting Amazon Prime video content to another device with Airplay, as it’s usually pretty reliable.
Download prime on to your TV
Another superb feature of Smart TV’s is the fact that you can download streaming apps directly on to them.
Most Smart TV’s come with the most popular apps such as Amazon Prime and Netflix already downloaded, meaning that all you have to do is enter your login details to gain direct access through your TV.
However, if yours doesn’t come already downloaded then you’ll need to navigate to your televisions app store. On an LG television, press the home button on your remote and scroll into you see a basket icon titled ‘LG Content Store’. Select this icon and then once on the store, search for Amazon and get it downloaded.
So if you want to watch Amazon Prime Video, Airplay can be a good way to do this if you don’t have a Google TV Chromecast device.
One final option that most people will already will be familiar with is to use a HDMI cable. That’s right – HDMI cables can still be your friend, especially if you don’t have a Smart TV.
This obviously doesn’t count as casting Amazon Prime Video, but it’s a viable alternative and most users will have HDMI cable at home allowing them to stream Amazon Prime video using it.
Every television made in the past 15 years should have a HDMI port so get a HDMI lead, connect it from your laptop to your television and fire Amazon Prime up on your laptop.
With the development of smart TV’s over the past couple of years, it has become possible to link up your phones and televisions together wirelessly.
Prior to the inception of these TV’s, the only way you could link up any device to your tv was through HDMI cables.
There are many different ways to enjoy Amazon Prime on the big screen, and none of them require much effort.
With the superb shows that Amazon has on Prime, it would be a waste to watch them on your small phone screen so get hooked up and enjoy them properly.
We hope that this article has helped you to understand how to cast Amazon on to your TV via the prime app.
If it has proved to be helpful then feel free to read some of our other articles, where we’re offering tips and advice on how to navigate some of the most popular apps on the market.