Animal Crossing has successfully carved out a niche for itself in the gaming world, becoming one of the most popular life simulation games in recent years.
With its adorable characters, laid-back vibe, and intricate customization options, it offers a virtual escape many crave. But the game becomes even more enriching when shared with friends.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the process of how to add friends on Animal Crossing and delve into the benefits of doing so.
How to Add Friends on Animal Crossing: The Basics
One of the primary features of Animal Crossing is its social interaction. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get started:
- Nintendo Switch Friend Code: Before adding friends on Animal Crossing, you need to add them on your Nintendo Switch. Navigate to your user page on the top-left of the home screen, select ‘Add Friend’, and then ‘Search with Friend Code’. Enter your friend’s code, and send a friend request.
- Launch Animal Crossing: Once they’ve accepted, start the game. Make sure both you and your friend have the airport opened, which happens naturally as you progress in the game.
- Visit Orville at the Airport: This dodo bird manages all your travel plans. Speak with him and choose whether you want to visit a friend’s island or have them visit yours.
- Dodo Code: This is an optional step. If you want to host more than just your Switch friends or wish to limit the attendees, Orville can provide a one-time Dodo Code. Share this with desired friends for a session-based invite.
Remember, while the game promotes creativity and freedom, always respect another player’s space, rules, and decorations when visiting.
Benefits of Adding Friends
Sharing Resources and Inspiration
Different islands have different resources. By visiting friends, you can gather fruits, DIY recipes, and items unavailable on your island.
Not to mention, seeing how others have decorated can spark inspiration for your own creative endeavors.
Events and Festivals
Animal Crossing hosts various events and festivals, some of which are more enjoyable (and profitable) with friends. From fishing tournaments to Bug-offs, joining forces can help achieve goals faster.
Enhanced Social Experience
While Animal Crossing provides a fantastic single-player experience, there’s something magical about roaming an island with a friend, catching up by a virtual bonfire, or showing off your latest home upgrade.
Safety and Best Practices
Adding friends on any online platform comes with responsibilities. Keep the following in mind:
- Keep Personal Information Private: While Animal Crossing is a safe space, avoid sharing personal details like your real address or other sensitive data.
- Set Boundaries: If you’re not comfortable with a friend picking your flowers or shaking your trees, let them know. Communication is key to ensuring everyone has a good time.
- Parental Controls: For younger players, parents can set controls to limit interactions, ensuring their child’s online safety.
Knowing how to add friends on Animal Crossing isn’t just about the technical steps. It’s about opening up a world of possibilities, enhancing your gaming experience, and creating cherished memories with friends, old and new.
As the saying in Animal Crossing goes, “There’s always something happening on the island!” – and with friends, those moments become even more special.
So, the next time you’re lounging on your virtual beach or planning a new island project, remember the joy of shared experiences and consider inviting a friend along for the journey.