Pokémon Go relies on a GPS signal in order to play the game, you get up and walk around your streets catching Pokémon as you go. Sometimes as the game advances you will encounter errors for example, Error 11: GPS signal not found. Seeing this error can be due to several reasons in some cases it can be a lack of Internet connection.
In my case, the issue is usually where I live in rural Wales, it is often hard to find a GPS signal that is maintainable. In other examples it may just be that your GPS is disabled, this can happen on both Android and iOS devices so how do you fix the Error 11 code: GPS Signal Not Found on Pokémon Go? The easiest thing to try first is to restart your phone; failing that you can move on and try the methods below.
How do I fix Error 11: GPS Signal Not Found in Pokémon Go?
How do I make sure my GPS is enabled?
Making sure your GPS or location settings are enabled is of tantamount importance to this game working. When you first load the game, you will be issued a notice that says the game requires your location settings to be turned on it will then give you three options.
- Always on whilst playing this game.
- Only on this time whilst playing this game.
- Do you not turn on location settings.
If you choose to only turn it on temporarily then the next time you open the game your GPS will be disabled. Therefore you need to go into your settings and enable your GPS permissions to work alongside the game to do this follow the steps below;
1) Open the notifications screen.
2) Look for the Location icon and tap it to ensure it is on.
3) Open Pokémon Go again.
4) On certain devices/phones you will need to go to the ‘Settings’ menu.
5) Now go to ‘Connections.’
6) Turn ‘Locations’ on to enable it.
How do I ‘Allow Permissions’ for Pokémon Go?
Again sometimes this game will ask for you to ‘allow permissions’ this may be access to a camera or to your location settings. Allowing permission for your Pokémon Go app to access your device’s settings is something that you have to do for it to work. So to allow permissions for your Pokémon Go app you can take the following steps;
- Select ‘Settings’ on your phone or device.
- Select ‘Apps.’
- Go to Pokémon Go and open the app.
- Find ‘Permissions’
- Under the ‘Locations’ tab, turn the button ‘On.’
How do I update the Pokémon Go app?
One reason your GPS signal may not be found could be due to an update that is required for the software to continue to run without errors. Time and time again we skip updates because they’re a nuisance, however, the software is released periodically by developers in order to clear out any bugs and patch any issues that an app might be having. If you cannot fix your GPS error by turning your location settings on then you should look to see if there has been an update that is required and you should install it. To check for updates follow the process below;
- To update your app, go to the Google Play Store, or the App Store on iPhone.
- Find Pokémon Go in the list.
- Tap on the app to open it.
- Choose to install updates if they’re available.
How do I disable ‘Mock Locations’
Mock location is a setting in the developer options on a device or phone that allows the owner to set random GPS locations on their device. It is usually used by the developers for app testing, you can also download mock location apps from the App Store or Google Play store.
Mock locations, however, can interfere with your GPS working for the Pokémon Go app if your phone is not jailbroken. It is a good idea to enable developer options so that you can disable the mock location option in the settings if you are experiencing Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found. To disable your mock locations follow the process below;
- Open your ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘About Phone.’
- Choose the option ‘Software Info’ for the subsequent times, there should be seven in total.
- This will allow you access to the ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on the ‘Developer Options.’
- Go to ‘Mock Options’ and disable this.
How do I reset the location settings?
On occasion, settings will unintentionally prevent your GPS from working so if you’re experiencing Error 11 GPS Not Found in the Pokémon Go app it’s a good idea to reset the location settings of your device. To reset these settings follow the process below.
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Select ‘Privacy and Safety.’
- Select ‘Location.’
- Make sure your Location is set to ‘On.’
- Tap on the ‘Locating Method’ or ‘Location Mode.’
- Select ‘GPS, Wi-Fi and Mobile Networks.’
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi is switched on every time you play Pokémon Go, you don’t need an internet connection you just need to make sure it’s turned on.
In conclusion, GPS is one of the most popular features that is used on a phone or device and it can be super frustrating when it stops working especially when you are relying on GPS to catch all the pesky Pokémon. You can also consider using some Pokemon Go tweaks if you want to get ahead of the game. Hopefully, with our suggestions in this article you are able to rectify Error 11 in Pokémon Go and you’re back to your search for the rarest Pokémon.