Instagram is a hotbed for couples, families and friends to share pictures with one another and to express their gratitude and love via captions.
While some of these posts and captions are often accused of being disingenuous there are times when even the most cynical of us will appreciate a cute caption.
It may be your partner’s birthday coming up and as standard practice now goes, you are probably preparing an Instagram post dedicated to them to mark the occasion.
You may be wondering how you can find that sweet spot in between overly sweet/cringe and not nice enough.
In this article, we are going to be looking at some cute captions for Instagram posts to mark not only birthdays but various other occasions as well. Let’s take a look.
Cute captions for Instagram – The importance of a caption
Before we get on to some cute caption examples, it’s important to recognise how much value these captions add to your posts.
Firstly, captions are there to add context to the images/videos that you are posting on the platform and are more often than not read by your followers after they check out the content – making your Instagram images the right size is a good idea.
Be careful not to make your captions too long because many online users have short attention spans.
You really only have their attention for a couple of seconds so they are unlikely to read more than one or two lines unless they are a really close friend who has a real interest in your life.
Captions will appear underneath your posts on both the mobile app and the web version of Instagram, meaning it will be the second thing they see after the post itself.
Cute selfie captions
When you’re taking a selfie, it’s important to make sure that it’s accompanied with the right word caption. Insta captions that talk about self love, song lyrics, good vibes and living life to the fullest usually work best for selfies.
Some good examples of these are;
- Life is simple, but it ain’t easy
- Do you
- A thousand words
- Summer lovin’
- You couldn’t walk a thousand miles in my shoes
- New chapter
You can also consider attaching a single emoji to your selfie too, like a four leaf clover or a heart.
Cute captions for partners
When writing an Instagram post for a partner’s birthday or to commemorate your anniversary, it’s important to get it right otherwise you may well end up with a disgruntled boyfriend or girlfriend on your hands.
With that in mind, here are some caption ideas for partners:
- You stole my heart, but I guess you can keep it.
- Love is talking to you even before my first cup of coffee.
- Thanks for agreeing to take a million photos until we got the perfect one.
- Every day is the best day when I’m with you.
- You’re my favourite place to go when my mind searches for peace.
Cute captions for family
When it comes to writing captions for family members, there’s not as much pressure on you to make them as soppy or as lovey-dovey as possible.
Instead, keep them more raw and honest, with a bit of humour added in. With that in mind, here are some caption ideas for family members:
- I shook my family tree and a bunch of nuts fell out.
- This home is built on love and shenanigans.
- We may not choose the family we’re born into, but we can choose to be a close-knit family.
- My family doesn’t go crazy; they are crazy. They go normal from time to time.
- Every family has a story. Welcome to ours!
Cute captions for friends
Even further down the cringe and soppy scale now as we look at caption ideas for posts about friends.
These are highly unlikely to be soppy at all unless you’ve had a few drinks, so always aim for humour on these types of posts. Here are some captions ideas for friends:
- Strangers think I’m quiet, my friends think I’m outgoing, but my best friends know that I’m completely insane.
- Friends knock on the door. Best friends walk into your house and start eating.
- Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but the true ones stick like an octopus on your face.
- We’ll be best friends forever because you already know too much.
- I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.
Cute captions for pets
Posts about pets typically do VERY well on Instagram in terms of likes, comments and shares. Pictures and videos of our little furry friends will be well received regardless of the caption but it’s still nice to show some gratitude towards them.
Here are some caption ideas for pets:
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
- Love is a wet nose and a wagging tail.
- The road to my heart is filled with paw prints.
- Dogs are the universe’s way of apologizing for your relatives.
- My therapist has four legs and a tail.
To conclude, finding the right caption for your Instagram post can be the difference between your post receiving high levels of engagement or not.
We hope that our suggestions above will give you some good ideas when you come to penning a caption, but we would also urge you to try and think of some original/personable ones as well.