Sometimes when you try to perform a system update on your device you may get a failure to verify notice. There are many Android users out there that have experienced the same issue as you. There are lots of reasons why your phone isn’t installing the required update;
- Insufficient space.
- Interrupted internet connection
- Google play had created an issue
- Your device may not be compatible with the new update.
Please be aware if your phone is rooted then this may be the issue with you not being able to verify your update, and that a System Update is not the same as a Play Store update. In this article we will look at some methods you can try to fix Android system update verification failed error.
Android System Failed to Update Verification Failed – What to do
How to restart your phone and try the update again?
First of all the most basic solution is restarting your device and retrying the installation. To try this method follow the steps below to see if this fixes the issue of verification failure:
- Hold the button on the right-hand side of your device until you see the options for turning your device off.
- Choose ‘Restart.’
- Allow your device to reboot completely.
- Unlock your device and go to ‘Settings.’
- Choose ‘System.’
- Go to ‘System Update.’
- Try to install the available update again.
- If you are still facing issues move on to the next method to try and fix the issue.
How do I check if my device is compatible with the new update?
If your Android device is older then you may have a device that is not compatible with the newest software. You should google your phone model and the new update build number to see if they are compatible and if any other users may be experiencing this issue as well. If your device is incompatible with the new software then you cannot install it unfortunately and it might be time to update your phone.
How do I free up space on my phone for the update?
Some system updates can take up a decent amount of space, if you are anything like me and have 128GB of pictures of your pets then you probably need to clear up some space on your device so you can successfully update your phone. You can delete anything you don’t need.
Alternatively, you can clear your phone out completely by using Android file transfer and transferring all your stuff in photo galleries and folders to your desktop or external hard drive, I do this every 6 months or so and then I don’t lose any of my pictures of my animals.
How do I clear the cache of Google Play?
Sometimes the system update will experience issues because of a Google Play Store update. The best thing you can do here is to clear the cache for Google play this will rid you of any corrupted files that may be interfering with the system update you are trying to perform.
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘Applications.’
- Find ‘Google Play Store’ in the list.
- Click on the google play store option.
- Select ‘Clear Cache.’
- Now try to run the system update again to see if the issue is resolved.
How can I use Android repair to fix Android System installation and verification issues?
Android repair Software is kind of a fix-all when it comes to problems with android, if you have tried everything else on this list then this should be your final step. It fixes everything pretty much, android system failures, white and black screen of death, play store not working, you name it there is a fix for it. Below are the steps you need to perform this repair correctly:
- Hook up your phone to your desktop with a USB wire.
- Download and install Android repair on your computer.
- Choose ‘Repair’ from the options you can see.
- Select your phone from the options and choose ‘next’ when the warning pops up.
- It may want to delete all of your data, type 000000 to confirm and continue. (Back up your phone if you don’t want to lose your stuff.)
- Allow your phone to repair.
- Unplug it and reboot your phone.
- Try the update again this should have resolved your issue failing everything else.
In conclusion, as mentioned there are lots of reasons why this error may prevent you from completing your update installation. Here, we have listed some of the most effective fixes that users have tried and tested. The system update doesn’t tend to fail often but when it does it can be super annoying to fix, also just a side note, make sure you have a good internet connection because if your signal is bottoming out this will cause failure and it can be fixed easily.